The eighth Lord of Chaos. Tibicenas is a chaorrupted Djinn who lives in the Djinn world and acts as a servant to the mage of the sands, Zahart, who can summon him with a chaorrupted magic ring. He supports Zahart in his quest to find something in the Sandsea that might help him become its ruler. Tibicenas was even responsible for the unnatural sandstorm that uncovered the ancient city in the Sandsea that the oasis community is just part of. In order to combat Tibicenas, the heroes and Zhoom had to find the mummy king Sek Duat: God-King of the Sandsea who might know what they needed to know in order to do just that. Indeed, Sek Duat knew how to do battle with Tibicenas himself: the only way to defeat him was with another Djinn, thus meaning that the heroes and Zhoom had to find their own Djinn to use against him!
It is according to fellow Djinn Saahir, a Marid (benevolent Djinn) that Tibicenas was once a regular Ghul (malevolent Djinn) until he meddled with Chaos, causing the ruler of the Djinn, the Efreet, to cast him out of the Djinn world. Tibicenas is secretly waiting for the right moment for the ring to be destroyed so that he can be free to return to the Djinn world to conquer that and then come back to conquer Lore itself.
Zahart Found Cutscene
The hero defeats all of the Horc Sell-Swords.
- Hero: Are you Zahart?
Screen scrolls to include Zahart.
- Zahart: I am, but you are not the person I was expecting. Where is Zhoom?
- Hero: I guess I found you first.
- Zahart: Not many heroes could boast that they tracked someone down before the great Zhoom. You must be impressive.
- Hero: I have my moments. Let's talk about the sandstorm that uncovered this ancient city. I understand that you might know something about what caused it.
- Zahart: I certainly do. It was caused by a mighty djinn.
- Hero: Djinn? As in "genie"? Lives in a magic lamp?
- Zahart: HAHAHAHAHA! No, hero. Only weak djinn are trapped in this world. This djinn lives in the Djinn World but is summoned by using a magic ring.
Zahart shows his magic ring to the hero.
- Zahart: THIS ring, in fact. Tibicenas, I summon thee. Heed my command.
Tibicenas appears behind the hero.
- Tibicenas: How may I serve you, master of the ring?
The hero turns around to face Tibicenas, but Tibicenas knocks his/her weapon away with his hand.
- Zahart: This hero dares question Zahart, Master of the ring, Mage of the sands and future ruler of the Sandsea. Kill this desert flea.
Tibicenas grabs the hero and lifts him/her in the air with his hand. Just then, an arrow homes in and cuts off part of the top of Zahart's hood to his surprise. Zahart angrily looks behind him and sees Zhoom, shadowed by the shining sun behind him.
- Zhoom: That was a warning shot, Zahart.
Zhoom jumps down to confront Zahart.
- Zhoom: You will release my friend.
- Zahart: Djinn, Kill these...
Zhoom aims his arrow at Zahart's head.
- Zhoom: Choose your next words very carefully.
Screen shifts over to Tibicenas still holding the hero, then shifts back to Zhoom still aiming his arrow at Zahart's head.
- Zahart: Tibicenas, release the hero.
Tibicenas drops the hero safely back down on the ground.
- Hero: Thanks, Zhoom.
- Zhoom: Good choice, Zahart. Now... why did you uncover all of this? For what are you searching?
- Zahart: Clever ranger, you know that I'm searching for something. You will see what it is, in time. But for now... Tibicenas, remove us from this place.
Tibicenas and Zahart teleport away via dust explosion. Zhoom lowers his bow and arrow.
- Zhoom: Well done, we've learned much.
- Hero: Really? Didn't seem like much.
- Zhoom: We've learned who was responsible for the sandstorm, the source of Zahart's new power, and that he's looking for something. That means that we can find it before he does.
- Hero: Yeah, a djinn can do ANYTHING. How do we fight that kind of power?
- Zhoom: I don't know but I do know who might know what we need to know.
- Hero: Wow... you know a lot.
- Zhoom: We need to find the god-king of the Sandsea... the immortal mummy, Sek Duat.
Sphinx Awakens Cutscene
Zahart and Tibicenas are at the throne room of the Sand Castle. A servant runs in to show Zahart something.
- Servant: Master Zahart! Master Zahart!
- Zahart: Speak, slave.
- Servant: Master, We have uncovered it.
- Zahart: Show me.
- Zahart: Ah, FINALLY!
Zahart walks over and borrows the Chaos Sphinx's heart from his servant.
- Zahart: The Heart Of The Sphinx! See that our guest gets his reward...
Tibicenas closes in on the servant and kills him as the scene flashes red and white and then shifts back to Zahart. The murder of the servant by Tibicenas' hands was probably so gruesome that it wasn't shown on-screen.
- Servant: AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
- Zahart: Do you realize what this means, Tibicenas?
- Tibicenas: Yes, Master Zahart. You can awaken the mighty Sphinx from its ancient slumber.
- Zahart: My deal with Drakath is almost complete. Once the Sphinx is awakened, my debt to Drakath is paid off and I am free to use you to rule the Sandsea for eternity.
Zahart places the Chaos Sphinx's heart into its necklace. The Chaos Sphinx comes to life as it changes from stone to a living, breathing Chaos Beast. The Chaos Sphinx roars.
Sphinx Defeated Cutscene
Zhoom fires an arrow at the Chaos Sphinx's heart but the arrow bounces off. The hero leaps at the Chaos Sphinx and knocks its heart out of its necklace, reverting it back to its harmless stone state.
- Zahart: BAH! We can always repair the Sphinx, but for now... Tibicenas... Take us where they cannot follow.
Tibicenas opens up a portal.
- Zhoom: You are not escaping ME.
Zhoom fires an arrow and destroys Zahart's magic ring. Zahart looks at his destroyed ring in horror.
- Zahart: What have you...?
Tibicenas grabs Zahart and lifts him into the air.
- Tibicenas: Drakath spoke truly... If I waited long enough, you would lose the ring. Now I am free... Now YOU are MY slave!
Zahart's eyes go blank as Tibicenas hypnotizes him. He puts him back down.
- Tibicenas: Thank you, Zhoom.
- Zhoom: I... I didn't...
- Tibicenas: I will return to conquer your world soon, but first I have some unfinished business. Follow.
- Zahart: Follow.
Tibicenas and his new slave Zahart enter the portal. The portal closes.
- Hero: Zhoom, that didn't help our situation!
- Zhoom: I KNOW! I expected Tibicenas to just... leave... once it was free.
- Hero: I think I know where they have gone.
The hero rubs the lamp and summons Saahir.
- Saahir: How may I serve you, heroes?
- Hero: Saahir, we want to go to the Djinn world!
Hero's Wish Cutscene
- Efreet: ...So, Tibicenas has returned. I suppose it was only a matter of time. This creature's pride is unbelievable. To think he can contend with my power.
- Saahir: Oh, great Efreet. It would be my greatest honor to defeat Tibicenas for you.
- Efreet: Mortal hero, you have earned a single request from me, would that be your request?
- Hero: Hmmm. Can I wish for more wishes?
- Efreet: No.
- Hero: Then, I guess...
- Tibicenas: EFREET! I have come for you! Face me NOW!
- Efreet: Saahir, dispose of this creature.
- Saahir: With pleasure!
Saahir charges up a powerful attack to use against Tibicenas, and once he uses it, it makes the hero and Zhoom think Saahir won.
- Zhoom: Saahir, You did it! I can't believe...
Unfortunately, Tibicenas has gotten a hold of Saahir. He entraps him inside a small energy ball, then smashes the ball to pieces.
- Hero: You've killed Saahir!
- Tibicenas: Sadly not. Djinn cannot be killed. He will regain enough strength to return to this world in a few thousand years. Now, Efreet... you and I...
- Hero: WAIT! I never got my wish granted.
- Efreet: This is true. You may speak it.
- Hero: I wish Tibicenas was stripped of all of his power.
- Efreet: I can strip him of all of his Djinn powers but his Chaos powers will remain intact.
- Hero: Good enough.
The Efreet charges up a fireball and blasts Tibicenas, knocking him down and stripping him of all of his Djinn powers, thus granting the hero's wish.
- Tibicenas: What have you done to me?
Tibicenas gets back up.
- Zhoom: He's brought you down to our level.
- Hero: Now let's see what you've got.
- A djinn is a legendary creature originating from Arabic folklore, and is most commonly found in Arabian Nights tales. Djinn can also be referred to as djinni or genies.
- His name comes from the word "Tibicena", which describes the mythological creatures (depicted as demons or genies) of the Guanches, prehispanic inhabitants of the Canary Islands.
- His appearance is based on Disney villain Jafar's genie form from both of the Disney films Aladdin and The Return of Jafar, the only difference being somewhat thinner, as well as being Chaorrupted.
- He later enslaves Zahart after Zhoom destroys the magic ring and frees him. He then heads back to the Djinn world to conquer it, with Zahart following him as his slave. Zahart would later be freed after Tibicenas is defeated.
- His name may be pronounced to-bee-seen-as, but that is not confirmed atm
- A Ghul is a type of Djinn that is nocturnal and not only sucks blood, kind of like a vampire, but also feasts on the flesh of human beings.
- At first, fans weren't sure whether the eighth Lord of Chaos was Zahart or Tibicenas. The fans even thought Tibicenas was going to be a Chaos Beast. Soon enough, the cutscene after defeating the true Chaos Beast, the Chaos Sphinx, as well as the recent design notes eventually proved to the fans that Tibicenas was ultimately the eighth Lord of Chaos.
- He later disposes of Saahir, seeing to it that he will regain enough strength to return to the Djinn world in a few thousand years. However, the Efreet grants the players' wish to have Tibicenas stripped of all of his Djinn powers and brings him down to their level. After his defeat, he meets a similar fate to Jafar in The Return of Jafar, as both explode upon defeat (Jafar violently imploded into a cloud of dust once his lamp sank into the lava, and Tibicenas exploded into many shards of Chaos after the heroes defeated him in battle). Despite that, his revenge-shade, Ultra-Tibicenas, still exists, as a challenge battle for upgraded players.
- If you look at the yellow writing above while battleing, you will see that it says "Tinicenas" despite that his name is Tibicenas.
- Seeing how he attempts to kill the players until Zhoom saves them, disposes of Zahart's slave as a reward for finding him the heart of the sphinx, and brutally defeats Saahir in battle, Tibicenas is probably the third Chaos Lord remarkably cruel enough to act like a monster, the first being Vath, who enslaved the dwarves and didn't care if they starved to death as long as they produced enough Chaos Gemeralds to hatch the Rock Roc, the second being Ledgermayne, who wanted to cut off all magic from the world and didn't care for the fact that all life would die if it succeeded, and the fourth being Krellenos, who chaorrupted his own brother Antiphuus and allowed the hero to kill him in remorse, began chaorrupting trolls and horcs alike while laughing about it and was later blamed for his own brother's death.