The legendary Paladin Slayer called Vordred is an evil force who has been behind the disappearance of many paladins, having been responsible for turning them into his undead slaves. He also turns the players into his undead slaves until Vayle comes to the rescue and changes them back to normal with the last bit of power remaining in her creature shard (which was cracked by Artix's dragon spear in Dragonfable). There are currently 2 Vordreds one of which is story related the other is completely invinsible. For the second Vordred attacks always deal 0 damage, and critical hits heal him for 0 health (Similar to Kitsune and Escherion's invincibility conditions).
It is revealed by Zorbak that Vordred was created in the Necropolis. And, as revealed by Sally, he was created by Noxus through the use of an ancient evil found under the necropolis, and Sally helped create Vordred. Also, Vordred isn't complete yet - to become the most complete, invincible and all-powerful darkness being on Lore, he needs to slay Artix to make everyone in lore undead.
He later attacks Lightguard Keep and tracks Artix to the keep's jail - only to discover that Artix is missing. Vayle reminds him that Artix escaped not too long ago and went looking to fight him. He has his undead minions surround her and forces her to hand over the Blinding Light of Destiny - only to find out that not only is the axe not actually powered by light, it also harms him because it's powered by the Spirit Orbs he freed after slaying each undead. Despite it harming him again, he manages to convert it into the ShadowReaper Of Doom, which he plans to slay the players and Artix with, and heads back to his base camp.
He later attacks Shadowfall alongside Noxus who enslaves Gravelyn to use as bait to lure the players and Artix to them. When Sally informs Noxus that ArcAttack was beginning experimentation, he sends Vordred to become part of an experiment with them.
The players arrive at CastleMania where they plan to have ArcAttack give him too much electrical energy to handle. However, the electric energy ends up making Vordred more powerful instead and he leaves to let Artix and the players come to him.
Finally, he faces off with Artix and the players show up just in time to help him in battle. Vordred strengthens himself by adding more skulls to his armor, but Artix commands the Spirit Orbs within the skulls and the ShadowReaper of Doom to attack and severely weaken him from within, leaving the hero to remove his armor and reveal his true form as Enraged Vordred. After a failed Voiduminance Necrot-Morph on Artix, he finds something he didn't expect - Artix is the real Champion of Darkness. Jealous, he summons his shadow in an attempt to kill them all, but the players use the Shadowscythe Amulet to transform Artix into a darkness dragon who proceeds to pin Vordred's shadow as Vordred is in his Shadow Vordred form. The players defeat Vordred, who makes one last attempt to kill them all, but is interrupted and finished off himself by whomever they chose to call for instead. Depending on the one they called for, it could be Gravelyn, Vayle, Zorbak, or Daimyo (whose ending must be unlocked upon selecting all three villain summons per fight).
- Gravelyn would stab Vordred with the Noxus Head Staff as Vordred disintegrates. Gravelyn offers Artix a chance to join the Shadowscythe even though he would refuse. Gravelyn vows to finish what her father started once Drakath is defeated. She then gives the Noxus Head Staff to the players.
- Vayle would form a force field around Artix and the players as Vordred disintegrates. Vayle wants to settle the score with Artix even though Edward would say there was no way to bring him back and departs after saying goodbye to her (despite changing nothing about Vayle's rivalry with Artix)
- Zorbak falls onto Vordred. Zorbak then adds Vordred's helmet to his collection of skulls alongside Drakonnan's throne while the players would wonder who was the Champion of Light if Artix was the Champion of Darkness.
- Daimyo would save the two by falling onto Vordred. Artix allows the players to keep the Shadowscythe Amulet. Meanwhile, Sally is saddened at the loss of Noxus and Vordred. Drakath appears and gives Vordred's helmet to Sally as she would vow to revive him and make him bigger and stronger by re-opening the Necropolis. This ending appears to be the canon ending since the cutscene ends with a "To be continued?".
Later, in Doomwood Part 2, Sally is seen experimenting with Chaos magic given to her by Drakath, which she is using to rebuild Vordred. The players stumble upon where she is working, but in order to prevent them from interrupting her plans any further, she activates the trap door beneath them and decides to flood the Necropolis with a noxious neurotoxin just in case the players survive. The players fight their way through the caverns beneath the Necropolis in an attempt to get back up to where Sally is working and prevent Vordred's resurrection. They are about to make it out with help from Artix only for Sally to push him into the caverns causing them to fall deeper into them. After the players destroy the Shadowstone Support holding up the Necropolis, Sally, along with Noxus, whom she managed to recover from Gravelyn somehow, introduces a resurrected Vordred in the form of Chaos Vordred, who has Gravelyn held prisoner. Chaos Vordred is about to kill the players, Artix, and Gravelyn when he is interrupted by what appears to be Sepulchure, whom Gravelyn wished to appear, but is later revealed to not be so. The Sepulchure look-alike effortlessly destroys Chaos Vordred to everybody's amazement as well as the shock and disbelief of both Sally and Noxus. Taking advantage of this, Drakath ends up altering reality in which he didn't appear and Sepulchure ended up killing King Alteon (who died protecting the heroes) and exterminating Death causing the recently deceased to return as Zombies that obey Sepulchure's every command.
After reality is restored upon Dark Sepulchure's destruction and Gravelyn vows to avenge her father when Drakath's lair is found, Gravelyn asks Sally to rebuild Vordred for when it comes time to fight Drakath. When Sally asks "more skulls," Gravelyn states "more doom."
Cutscene upon the First Encounter
Hero: "WOOOHOOOO!!! Easiest quest ever! Now all I need to do is place this teleportation rune on the ground. Hmmm... You know, normally there is some sort of twist to these easy missions. A twist like... hmm... I dunno... Some sort of super dangerous confrontation with the ultimate evil or something like that. Wait a second! There ALWAYS is a twist... And it always happens immediately after I complete the quest. OH NO! NOT THIS TIME! NOPE! I'm definitely not falling for it this time. the second I place this rune on the ground, some crazy, plot-changing thing is going to happen. So I'm not going to do it. Heh. HAH! Take that! No twist will be heppening here! Now THAT is a twist. In fact, I am just going to throw this rune away instead. I am a genius. This is the smartest thing I have ever..."
Bushes then clear to show a paladin near Vordred
"...you have to be kidding me."
Paladin: "So you are the leader of this undead army!? By the light, I shall send you back to the darkness that spawned you, Doomknight!"
Vordred: "DOOMKNIGHT? HAH. HAH. HAH. FOOLISH PALADIN. EYES HAVE NOT BEEN LAID UPON MY KIND BEFORE."
Paladin: "...but my eyes will see your undead form disintigrated by the power of light! ILLUMINATED HAWKLANCE OF TRUTH! May the fates have mercy on thy.... WHAT??!!"
Vordred: "HAH. HAH. HAH."
Paladin: "It did not even... Scratch you."
Vordred: "HAH. HAH. YOUR LIGHT-BASED SPELLS CANNOT HARM ME, PALADIN."
Paladin: "I can sense that you are undead. How can an undead creature be immune to the light?"
Vordred: "MY PASTER TIRES OF THE PALADINS' INTERFERENCE HERE."
Paladin: "Hunting paladins!?... Who... What... are you?
Vordred: "I AM VORDRED, THE PALADIN SLAYER."
Paladin: "I will fight you with my dying breath, monster!"
Vordred: "HAH! HAH! NO. YOU, LIKE YOUR FRIENDS, WILL SERVE ME WITH IT. VOIDUNINANCE NECROT-MORPH"
Vordred then turns the paladin undead
Vordred: "MY 776th PALADIN TROPHY. ONLY ONE LEFT TO CLAIM... ... ARTIX!"
Hero: "You know... ...on second thought, maybe I should have just put the rune back over there. This rune is nothing but trouble."
Hero: "Uh... no one over here except us, umm... us skeletons!"
Vordred: "UNDEAD MINIONS... BRING ME THE INTRUDER!"
Hero: "So how did you see through my awesome disguise?"
Vordred: "I HAVE THE ABILITY: DETECT LIVING."
Hero: "Oh... That sounds.Um. Handy."
Vordred: "IT IS."
Hero: "Anyways... just wanted you to know, I am 'The hero'"
Hero: "Yup. I am the main hero, so I can pretty much guarantee I will escape this."
Hero: "Artix is my friend, and I will never let you touch so much as a single hair on his head! Face it... you're going down bonehead!"
Hero: "If anyone EVIL is going to take Artix down, it's ME! Face it... you're going down Bonehead."
Vordred: "HAH! HAH! HAH! HOW AMUSING....AND WHAT EXACTLY WILL YOU DO WHEN YOU ESCAPE,HERO?"
Hero: "I'll head back to Lightguard Keep and turn in this quest for tons of XP."
Vordred: "I ACTUALLY LIKE THIS PLAN.....HERO."
Hero: "What?... really?"
Vordred: "YES. HEAD BACK TO LIGHTGUARD KEEP. GET LOTS OF XP."
Hero: "So, you're going to untie me?"
Vordred: "YES... ONCE I HAVE MADE YOU MY UNDEAD SLAVE. VOIDUMINANCE NECROT-MORPH!"
- So far Vordred is completely invincible. When the next part of the DoomWood saga is released, the players are supposed to do some snooping to learn Vordred's weakness. While many players try attacking him, each hit you produce will do 0 damage.
- Voiduminance Necrot-Morph transforms living people into undead. It did not work on Artix in the finale because he (Artix) is supposedly the Champion of Darkness.
- The spelling of his name has been fixed to be Vordred not Vordrid
- Anyone who's played DragonFable or participated in AQWorld's Birthday Live, Musical Event Weekend (10/10/10) should be able to recognize the ShadowReaper Of Doom. In fact, it's also the same weapon wielded by Undead Artix.
- During the Doomwood finale, whoever finishes him off depends on who you chose for Cysero and Beleen to go find.
- If you choose to backstab and betray Artix, he rewards you by turning you undead, and finally becomes the Champion of Darkness and unleashes an undead apocalypse upon the entire world, granting access to the Bad Ending Shop.
- His Sword can be obtained only by buying The Doomwood Expansion Pack
- Interestingly enough the hilt of The Sword has a blue thing while the NPC and Monster version lacks the blue thing
- He has been revived by Sally with the help of Chaos